Let’s face it – there’s really no such thing as a cheap roof.
Sure, you can probably find a roofing contractor who’s willing to cut some corners to try and get you a lower price. But no matter how you slice it, and no matter how much you try and shop around for a “bargain roof,” the cost of a new roof or a roof replacement is going to be a significant investment.
And as far as that goes, you really don’t want a cheap roof, anyway. Naturally, everybody likes to find a good deal when it comes to making any kind of major purchase. But when it comes to choosing the right overhead protection for your home and family (or for your business and its employees), you really don’t want to cut corners or take chances.
A cheaper roof is often just that – cheap. Cheap in terms of materials used, sloppy installation, job not finished on time, and poor customer communication or follow-up. Trying to save a few bucks isn’t worth the risk of ending up with a bad roof investment.
You know you need something better than just a cheap roof. The real question for you then, is this: How can I afford the quality of roofing and service that I really need?
Some folks just don’t have the cash in hand to be able to pay for a needed new roof or roof replacement up front. But the good news is this – when it comes to paying for it, you’ve got roof financing options! Financing is an affordable path that many homeowners take to be able to get the roof they know they need now.
Benefits of Home Roof Financing
There are several good reasons to consider financing as a way to pay for your new roof or roof replacement:
- No large upfront payments – What if you don’t have the liquid funds available to be able to lay down a lot of cash at one time? With roof financing, you won’t have to!
- Get the roof you need NOW – Many times people put off getting needed roof work or replacement because they think they just can’t afford it. All the while, their roof’s condition just continues to deteriorate, leading to all sorts of other expensive problems! By using roof financing, you can get the new roof or roof replacement you need right away, without stressing over how to pay for it.
- Get other needed work done while you’re at it – With secured financing, you aren’t limited to just the services you’re able to pay for up front. While you’re having your roof replaced, you could also take this opportunity to have your trusted roofing contractor repair your chimney, upgrade your gutter system, or provide you with other needed services. Better to take care of everything that needs doing all at once! Going the extra mile now can save you lots of money and frustration down the road.
- Save your cash for other purposes – Even if you DO have the needed funds on hand to pay for your new roof, you might prefer to use that cash for other purposes. Perhaps you’d just like to be able to keep that money set aside as an emergency fund. By choosing roof financing, you can still keep your “rainy day fund” intact.
Home Roof Financing Options in the Triad, Triangle, and Beyond
Ok, so you’re interested in exploring roof replacement financing. Here are some options to consider:
- Check with your insurer first – Some or part of your roof replacement could be covered by your existing property insurance policy. It’s best to start by making sure you’re getting everything available from the coverage you’re already paying for!
- FHA 203K Streamline Program – Depending on your credit score, debt-to-income ratio, and other factors, you may qualify for this special federal home improvement loan program. This would allow you to roll the cost of roofing and other home improvement projects into your current mortgage.
- Home equity loan – If the FHA 203K program isn’t an option, you may be able to open a home equity line of credit, depending on how much equity you have built up in your home. Home equity loans generally have lower financing rates than other loan options, and there are also some associated tax advantages by going this route to pay for your roof replacement.
- Personal loan from your bank – The interest rate may be a little higher than that of a home equity loan but taking out a personal loan with your chosen financial institution is always an option you can consider.
- Use a credit card with a low-interest rate – Under the right circumstances, a credit card can be a good option for financing your roof project. Obviously, you want to avoid using a card that carries a high-interest rate, but many financial institutions provide offers for new cards that carry a promotional 0% APR for the first 6 to 18 months. With some intentional budgeting on your part, you can make a plan to knock out the balance of your new roof’s cost before any interest begins to accrue.
- Choose a roofing company that provides its own preferred financing options – If you don’t want to go with a traditional bank or financial institution for your roof financing, it can be advantageous to find a trusted roofing contractor that has its own preferred financing partnerships. Thanks to having special relationships with their specific lenders, these roofing companies can often help to get you a financing rate and payment plan that will work within your budget.
Skywalker Roofing Can Help You Afford the Quality Roof You Need!
Homeowners in the NC Piedmont Triad, Piedmont Triad, and Roanoke, VA areas can find many benefits by choosing to finance their new roof through Skywalker Roofing:
- No large payment up front
- Low-interest rate & monthly payments (subject to credit approval)
- No balloon payments, and no funny business with fees
- We offer easy payment options, including bundling with your property tax bill
- Fast credit decisions
- You have the option to pay for part of your project now and then finance the rest
- No penalty for paying down your balance early
- Your roof may also qualify you for federal tax credits, and your energy savings over time could help pay for your roof project!
Choose Skywalker for All Your Home and Commercial Roofing Projects
No matter how you decide to pay for your roof, it’s best to do business with a local roofing contractor you can trust, who provides quality products and workmanship that they stand behind, and who makes your experience as pleasant and painless as possible. If you’re ready to partner with someone who can check off every box on your question list, look no further than Skywalker Roofing!
Skywalker Roofing understands that purchasing a new roof or roof replacement is a significant investment, and it’s worth putting in the effort to make sure you’re getting the right product at the right price with the best service. Skywalker is one of the premier roofing contractors in North Carolina and Virginia, serving both the NC Piedmont Triad and Triangle areas, as well as the Roanoke, VA area. Skywalker has completed over 15,500 projects, and we continue to provide individualized attention and expert work for each and every customer. Skywalker Roofing is proud to have earned the elite certification of Platinum Preferred Contractor with Owens Corning, as well as the Shingle Master Company certification through CertainTeed. Skywalker honors all of the warranties provided for both Owens Corning and CertainTeed product installations, and Skywalker even goes beyond that to offer a 2-year warranty on our roof repair services, too! If you need a roof install or replacement in any location around the NC Piedmont Triad, Triangle, or Roanoke, VA areas, reach out to us and let us show you why Skywalker is THE best roofing contractor for the job!