Roof Replacement Cost
What’s the cost of roof replacement? A better question to ask may be this – what will it cost you if you DON’T repair or replace your old, leaky roof? The roof you have overhead is really the first and most important line of defense your home or business has from the threats of Mother Nature. If your roof is no longer doing its job properly, it’s really not worth the risk of putting off a needed roof replacement.
How do you decide when your roof is ready for some TLC?
It’s a good idea to assess your roof’s condition at least once a year. The earlier you catch any potential problems, the more options you’ll have for addressing them. If you’ve got water coming inside your home, then your roof obviously needs some attention. And if you have to set out buckets and trash cans to catch water inside your home every time it rains, then you really should give Skywalker Roofing a call now. Any indications of water leakage inside your home are almost a sure sign of roof issues that need addressing on the outside!
What if you aren’t seeing any obvious leaks inside your home? Here are a few external indicators of roof health you should be checking for:
- Damaged or Missing Shingles Shingles that are warped, curled, broken, split, loose, or bald should be replaced. And if you notice that you’re MISSING some shingles, you really shouldn’t wait around. Exposed underlayment or decking can quickly lead to serious damage to your home or business – or worse, to the people who are inside!
- Exposed Nails Look for roofing nails that are exposed, loose, or that have popped up. These are sources of potential leaks, and may indicate problems with the roofing materials themselves, or with the way they were installed in the first place.
- Damaged or Missing Flashing If you notice any metal flashing to be loose, corroded, rusted, or missing, that’s something that needs addressing.
- Chimneys, Vent Pipes, Skylights Cracks or damage around these areas can certainly lead to leaks.
- Gutters and Downspouts Gutters and downspouts that don’t flow properly can lead to roof rot and leaks. If you find that your gutters or downspouts are damaged or aren’t seated properly, you should really consider gutter replacement or repairs.
- Fascia and Soffit One of the little things people tend to miss when assessing their current roof situation is the condition of their fascia and soffit. Fascia and soffit play an essential role in supporting the infrastructure of your roof and helping to protect your house from weather damage and moisture infiltration.
- How Old Is Your Roof? Some roofing materials last longer than others, but the reality is that no roof lasts forever. The prolonged effects of sun, rain, wind, snow, sleet, and hail will take their toll over time, eventually compromising the effectiveness of your roof. To learn more about the average life span of various roofing materials, check out this infographic.
Get a Professional Roof Inspection
Unless you happen to be a certified roof inspector, there’s a good chance you could miss something that a properly-trained eye could help you catch before it turns into a major problem. Let the professionals at Skywalker come out and take a look for you – we’re happy to provide a free inspection and consultation visit, and we can help you objectively explore the best options for addressing whatever roofing needs may be evident. Plus, we can save you from having to risk navigating a wobbly ladder or taking a nasty fall … ain’t nobody got time for that!
Do I Need a Roof Replacement? What About Roof Repair Options?
Making the call about whether roof repairs or roof replacement is the right move for you comes down to a number of factors, including your roof’s age, its current condition, the roofing materials used, and the workmanship quality of your original installation. Many (if not most) roofing contractors will recommend an entire roof replacement by default, even when roof repair might be a viable option for you. At Skywalker Roofing, our first priority is to help people, not to push you into buying something you don’t really need. We’ll always be honest and objective about laying out all your available options, and we’ll take the time to listen and make sure all your questions are answered.
Roof Replacement Cost – New Roofs Aren’t Cheap, But They Can Be Affordable
After all is said and done, your roof may simply be beyond the point where repair is a viable option, and a roof replacement is really what’s warranted. So, what will that end up costing you? The answer to that question will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The style, pitch, and age of your roof
- The amount of decking and underlayment that needs to be replaced
- Any skylights, chimneys, exhaust vents, or other roof protrusions that need addressing
- Which roofing materials (regular shingles, architectural shingles, metal roofing, or many other available options) you choose for your new roof, and
- Who you choose to partner with to get the job done
Let’s be honest – there’s no such thing as a cheap roof. You can try and shop around for a little cheaper price, but no matter how you slice it, a new roof or roof replacement is going to be a significant investment – there are no “bargain roofs.”
And while we’re being honest, you really don’t want a cheap roof, anyway. When it comes to choosing the right overhead protection for your home and family (or for your business and employees), you don’t want to risk cutting corners or take chances. If your roof needs replacing, you obviously want the job done right, and you don’t want to have to replace your roof again anytime soon!
Skywalker Roofing knows you need something better than just a cheap roof, and that’s why we stand by our claim – a Skywalker roof is the last roof you will ever need! Isn’t it worth investing in a roof that’s built to last a lifetime? Many of our customers come back to us and say they’re glad they spent a little more now, rather than having to having to come back and spend a lot more later on another new roof replacement all over again in a few years.
We think one of our satisfied customers put it best when he said this: “I am way too poor to buy cheap. I can’t afford to do this twice, so I need this roof replacement done right the first time!”
We’re also committed to helping you find ways to afford the quality roof and service you need, too. Skywalker is happy to provide preferred roof financing options to help you fit a needed roof replacement within your budget.
Choose Skywalker for All Your Roofing Needs
No matter how you decide to pay for your roof, it’s best to do business with a local roofing contractor you can trust, who provides quality products, workmanship, and warranties, and who constantly strives to make your entire roofing experience as pleasant and painless as possible. If you’re ready to partner with someone who can check off every box on your list, look no further than Skywalker Roofing! If you need a roof install or replacement in any location around the NC Piedmont Triad, Triangle, or Roanoke, VA areas, reach out to us and let us show you why Skywalker is THE best roofing contractor around!
Skywalker Roofing Reviews
- Our story with Skywalker began when I surfed the web for a roofing company that included metal roofing in its services. Skywalker was the second company I reviewed and after reading everything on their website I just got a really good feeling that they were the people we wanted to come into our home and give us a quote for the job. The salesperson (Wyatt Brown) arrived on time, a smile on his face, a good firm handshake and revved up to give us his presentation. He was an impressive guy with a great personality and very down to earth. He physically climbed on our roof and took a video of what was going on up there and showed it to us. We were astonished at how 24 years of NC weather had managed to really play havoc on our roof. He continued with his presentation, we picked our color and signed the contract. We knew we had the right company who had the right people to service our needs. Well, the installation day arrived on one of the hottest days in NC history and the crew arrived with all their equipment and started ripping off old shingles. The crew supervisor (Quinton) was very customer oriented as he would come to the door and let us know exactly what they were doing in case we had questions. They were all hard workers, neat, tidy, focused and two and a half days later we had a gorgeous Mansard Brown Standing Seam Metal Roof on our house. It is beautiful and has really enhanced the look of our country cottage home so much. The crew did a cleanup before they left and that included checking for any nails that might have landed in the yard. They blew off the debris on the front porch and deck and they were spotless. We were so satisfied with Skywalker because from the beginning to the end we were treated as friends of the family. By the way, Skywalker is a family run business and that says a lot.
- Skywalker Roofing staff did an excellent job for our flat roof replacement. We have reached out to multiple roofers, but Skywalker roofing was the only one that seemed reasonable. The team was easy to work with and patiently answered all our queries about the company, the material they used, the time they fix. Highly recommended whenever you're looking for the best roofing services.
- Skywalker Roofing company is awesome! When most of the roofers in Greensboro were busy, Skywalker Roofing team answered and handled all my requirements, and next day Wyatt Brown came to my house and took an in-depth inspection of my damaged roof. The same day they fixed my roof corner and the hole near a gutter. I am very thankful to Skywalker team.
- Skywalker Roofing is one of the rare companies that communicate as much as a customer would like. I was updated daily from my initial request for an estimate all the way through the day after my project was complete. I am extremely happy with our new roof, and the crew that came out was fantastic. I would recommend Skywalker Roofing to anyone who is looking for roofers in Greensboro area.
- "The whole process from the initial phone call, into the office, and to the financing process was flawless, seamless, and effortless. Everyone there knew what they were doing and walked us through step by step, so we knew what to expect during each step. They really made the whole process so easy."
Why Should You Contact Skywalker Roofing
For Roof Replacement Services?
Our customers are very satisfied with our roof replacement services. We are one of the largest roof replacement contractors in North Carolina, with an excellent reputation since our founding in 2003. Our rating is A+ by the Better Business Bureau for roof installation services.
We have been blessed to earn many awards for excellence as a roof replacement company, including:
Angie's List Super Service Award20132014201520162017
Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor Warranties National Award Winner2014201520162017
2016 Go Triad's
Reader's Choice Awardbest roofing company
2017 Battle for
Guilford's Best Winnerbest roofing company
Best of The Best National Award Winner20162017
- Roofing Contractors in Greensboro: 301 South Elm Street, Ste 523, Greensboro, NC 27401, USACall us at +1 (336) 850-0027
- Roofing Contractors in Raleigh: 555 Fayetteville St, Suite 201, Raleigh, NC 27601, USACall us at +1 (919) 800-0496
- Roofing Contractors in Stokesdale: 257 Ram Loop Stokesdale, NC 27357, USACall us at +1 (336) 627-5596
- Roofing Contractors in Roanoke: 1518 Carlisle Ave SE, Roanoke, VA 24014, USACall us at +1 (540) 212-7255