We know you care. Your investment in your home is your way of telling your family you will provide them safety in an abode that protects them. However, you must ensure that this shelter is always protecting your loved ones. The truth is that a poorly insulated home exposes you and your loved ones to the elements.
Know that deficient insulation can rapidly increase your energy bills. Insulation may not perform as intended if your contractor didn’t do a great job of installation, either. Most of us don’t notice until it’s too late. Fortunately, Skywalker Roofing’s experienced and certified staff is ready to inspect your home. And once we’ve made our assessment, we suggest reinstallation only if your home genuinely needs it.
Awards & Achievements
Types of Insulation
There are many types of insulation available on the market. Only a certified contractor can suggest the best kind of insulation for your particular home situation. Blown-in (loose-fill) is a commonly used insulation, but there are other options as well:
- Loose-fill / blown-in: It works exactly how it sounds. Blown-in insulation is blown into the wall cavity and designated space using specialized equipment. Blowing insulation is a favored method because the material is able to get to areas which are otherwise hard to reach. It is a convenient option for enclosing an existing wall, and can also be used for unfinished attic floors and walls. Leave this highly technical job to a certified blown-in insulation provider like Skywalker Roofing Company.
- Batts and rolls/blanket: Bats and rolls insulation are ideal for spaces without obstacles. Batts and rolls insulation can be used for unfinished walls, ceilings, and floors. It sorts of resembles a blanket, which is why it’s also known as blanket insulation. It is rolled out and fitted between joists, studs, and beams. Skywalker Roofing’s experience in this field has made us a master of batts and rolls insulation.
- Foam or rigid board: Rigid board insulation is common with new constructions. It is mostly used by builders for an unfinished roof and unvented walls. Made of polyurethane, rigid board does require adequate skills for installation.
- Reflective: Reflective insulation, whether foil-faced kraft paper, plastic film, polyethylene bubbles, or cardboard, is fitted between studs, joists, and beams. It helps your home reflect heat from the sun rather than absorb it; that’s why it is most commonly used in the attic.
Importance of Blown-in Insulation
Blown-in insulation remains popular for many reasons. Its R-rated value makes it heat resistant in summer. It is more air-tight than rolled batting. Most homeowners prefer it for the tiny size of its particles; it is beneficial for filling into minute cracks and crevices, and prevents air leakage through ceilings to the attic. It is moisture resistant, so it also helps inhibit mold, odor and rot.
With time, the R-rated value of any insulation will decrease, making the insulation less effective. Most contractors prefer blown-in insulation because it gives higher performance and is convenient to spread. Selecting blown-in insulation is a wise choice that you can make, and choosing Skywalker Roofing to install it is an even wiser choice!
Why is Skywalker Roofing Company the Best Choice for Your Insulation Job?
There are many options when it comes to insulation, and choosing the best one can sometimes be difficult. Some contractors will only install their preferred insulation. These contractors suggest the insulation based on their own convenience; Skywalker Roofing, on the other hand, believes in truly informing and helping our customers. We recommend the best insulation only after inspecting your property. Our experts assist you right from the first call to the final finished product, with the utmost attention and care.
Skywalker Roofing is the highest rated, most dependable roofing contractors in the Triad. We are a proud recipient of the prestigious Owens Corning Roofing Platinum Award 4 years in a row—all thanks to our company’s industry-leading contributions in the field of roofing. This recognition reflects our continued focus on delivering customer-driven and results-oriented approaches.
Here are a few of our achievements, which speak to our level of expertise and customer service when it comes to your roofing and related needs:
- Home Advisor’s Top Rated
- Triad’s Reader’s Choice Winner
- Shingle Master Certified
- Top of the House Certified Contractors
- Best of the Best National Award Winner
- Home Advisor’s Elite Service Award