COMMERCIAL FLAT ROOFING
All properties are different! A roofing system that works great in one building may not work for others. When it comes to commercial roofing, experts recommend flat roofs. Flat roofs are economical to install, easy to maintain, and they also allow effective use of space. Hence, flat roofs are a great choice for commercial buildings.
When in doubt, you can always reach out to the professionals at Skywalker Roofing for recommendations. Give us a call at ☎ +1 (336) 627-5596 and one of our experts will be happy to assist you in choosing a suitable roof type for your business.
Awards & Achievements
Types of Flat Roofs
Many builders use modern flat roofing material for better protection. For water tightness and water resistance, it is important that these materials are installed with perfection. It’s a good idea to do some research on your end before going for one of the various options available. Let’s review some of the most popular low-slope flat roof materials:
- Single Layer Membrane Roof: A modern, advanced roofing technology that many business owners choose for commercial construction. It is technically known as elastromeric or plastomeric roofing membrane (depending on the material). Skywalker Roofing’s certified flat roofing contractors can install or fix any kind of single-ply roof, including:
Membrane roofs can be attached in different ways. They can be fully adhered to the roof deck, partially loose laid, or held down with river rock ballast. Of all these types, EPDM (synthetic rubber) is the most common flat roof material for both residential and commercial roofing.
These roof materials are installed as thin sheets 0.030 to 0.060 inches thick. Made of synthetic polymer, their flexibility and elasticity can handle temperature changes better than build-up roofs.
Skywalker Roofing is a trusted installer of single layer membrane roofs in NC and VA!
- Modified Bitumen Roofing: Modified bitumen cap sheet roofing is created by starting with the proven technology of buildup roofing and adding polymer-reinforced roof wear layers or cap sheets.
- These roofs were developed in the 1960s as a replacement technology for BUR (Build Up Roofs). Skywalker Roofing constructs these flat roofs with excellent craftsmanship, whether they require hot-applied, torch-applied, cold-applied, or self-adhered installation. The polymer attached to these cap sheets also provides flexibility and elasticity in low temperatures.
- Buildup Roofs: The buildup roof is considered by some as the “grandfather of roofing.” Buildup roofs have solved the problem of low-pitched roofs for ages, something that asphalt shingles could never handle.
Buildup roofs are created using multi-layers of a special type of roofing felt. This felt is asphalt-stuffed and set in bitumen. Roofers apply it using a hot swab.
The hot applied asphalt tar pitch mixes with the bitumen-soaked roof felt and creates a solid roof membrane. The roof felt tar layering is repeated in overlapping layers until the assembly is two to four plies thick.
A wear surface of crushed stone granules is usually applied to the top layer of hot tar to protect the full roof assembly from UV light and weather.
Installing these flat roof materials requires high skill and precision. Do you think leaving your commercial roof in the hands of an amateur is a safe idea? For peace of mind, entrust your business or industrial building to a certified flat roofing contractor – someone like Skywalker Roofing.
Whether you need a new flat roof, or want to get your existing roof repaired, we are your one-stop destination. Give us a call at ☎ +1 (336) 627-5596 and we can help solve all your commercial roofing problems!
Benefits of a Flat Roof for Commercial Buildings
Installing a flat roof has countless benefits for business owners. First, there is less surface area to cover than on a pitched roof, making it easier to install with less labor cost. Second, their maintenance costs less, and they are easy to walk around on, allowing you to spot leaks or other issues easily.
Strategic business owners install solar panels on these flat foundations which decreases energy bills. Flat roofs also allow for more efficient use of top floor space in a building.
Flat roofs can last 25 years if properly installed and maintained. Choose Skywalker Roofing for a proper flat roofing solution that suits your commercial or residential building.
Why Choose Skywalker Roofing?
Skywalker Roofing is a name you can trust. Integrity matters to us. We like to earn and develop the trust of our clients. We are professionals, and we use the best labor practices to be able to offer our clients exceptional value through our work and our relationship with you.
We can do any job, from commercial roof repair all the way to full roof installation or replacement. But don’t just take our word for it, ask Owens Corning! Skywalker Roofing is a Platinum Preferred Contractor for Owens Corning, and we’ve been an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor Warranties National Award Winner for three years in a row!
We offer payment options and product warranties for new installations, as well as our 2-year warranty for any roof repairs that we provide.
Here are a few more of our achievements, which speak to our level of expertise and customer service when it comes to your roofing needs:
- Home Advisor’s Top Rated
- Triad’s Reader’s Choice Winner
- Shingle Master Certified
- Top of the House Certified Contractors
- Best of the Best National Award Winner
- Home Advisor’s Elite Service Award