Commercial Roofing Contractors Winston Salem NC
Commercial roofing sometimes gets sidelined compared to home roofing. After all, it’s critical that families have a safe roof over their heads. Commercial roofs, they aren’t quite as important, right? Wrong! If you are a business owner, a property owner, or even an hourly employee, you know just how important the roof over your business is. Damage to your Winston-Salem roofing system can result in damaged or destroyed inventory, damaged or destroyed assets (example: rain and computers don’t mix), a loss of productivity and profit, and even temporary closure of the business. In the case of retail, a closed location equals lost business, lost wages for your employees, and possibly a hit to your image and customer base. For a new building, a failure in the commercial roofing system can be a huge setback for the project. A commercial building roof structure is crucial to your business model – don’t take it for granted.
Commercial Roofing Systems
Commercial roofing systems present different challenges than residential. In many cases, the commercial property may be a more unusual shape or much larger than most houses would be. Regardless of the types of commercial roofing systems, it’s common for the height to be much larger than a residential building. Because of these potential differences, it’s best to hire a commercial roofing company for your business needs.
Commercial property can, of course, have a shingle roof installed. Depending on the size of the building, it may be very similar to a residential installation. Various types of shingles – asphalt, metal, tile, slate, or wood shake – are available.
A more common approach, especially for larger buildings, is a flat roof. Efficient use of space, stronger roof with a pitch, and cost-effective solution. Flat roofs are almost always the best option for a very large building. With proper planning, objects such as air conditioning units can be placed on a flat roof, which also saves space for a business.
Commercial Flat Roof Types
Interestingly, most “flat roofs” are not truly flat. To encourage water to exit the roof, most of them do have a slight slope, and the slope necessary depends on the material used. In general, shingles of any kind should not be used at all on a flat roof, even with some slope. Shingles are more likely to trap water and require a pitch angle to effectively shed water from a roof. Asphalt (not in shingle form) can be used for a flat roof, but it requires a more dramatic slope because water is less likely to run off the rough surface. Other materials include rubbers and plastics such as EPDM, PVC, FTPO, and TPO. These materials have been designed or improved with the roofing industry in mind to be lightweight, sturdy, easy to apply, and quick to shed water. Additionally, there are formulas available to seal flat roofs made from these materials to increase their resistance to water damage and lengthen their effectiveness. Finally, metal can also be used for flat roofs. While shingles are not recommended, standing seam metal roofs work just as well for flat roofs as they do on pitched roof buildings.
There’s quite a selection of flat commercial roofing products in Winston-Salem, but one characteristic many of them share are their positive environmental qualities. Metal reflects heat rather than absorbing it, which can lower the cost of regulating a building’s temperature. TPO has no chemical byproducts and has been shown to reduce the amount of heat a building gains from the sun. White PVC as a roofing material can reduce heat absorption by up to 80%. Metal roofing is recyclable, and may even already contain recycled material. These options can help keep our planet safe, while also saving money for businesses.
Commercial Roofing Repair
No matter what kind of business you have, it’s important that you have a commercial roofing company maintain your roofing system. Flat roofs especially can be susceptible to severe weather, chronic drainage problems, and human traffic. Heavy rain or melting snow can cause water ponding. Proper drainage for a flat roof is crucial – if gutters or downspouts become compromised, water ponding can occur in this situation as well. Standing water on the roof reduces its lifespan. Likewise, inappropriate human traffic can interfere with the roof’s coating, reducing its ability to protect against the elements and sunlight, making it more likely to develop cracks.
Any crack or vulnerable spot in a flat roof presents a risk for water to get in. Once water has breached the roof, it can do a great deal of damage to the roof structure before being noticed. For this reason, maintenance and inspection are critical aspects of your commercial flat roof. You can trust Skywalker Roofing to provide a thorough inspection of your flat roof to spot any potential issues before they become emergencies. If we find any problems, we will discuss all the options with you – our goal is to help you make the best decision for your business.
Commercial Roofing Near Me?
Skywalker Roofing understands the importance of commercial roofing services for your Winston-Salem business. As with all of our roofs, we offer 25 and 50-year warranties for the commercial roofs we install. We have faith in the quality of our labor, materials, and workmanship – and our warranties are backed by our status as a Platinum Preferred Contractor through Owens Corning. We offer simple financing options with applications available through our website. Contact us today for a free estimate, and let us help you keep your business safe and dry!
Skywalker Roofing Reviews
- I would recommend Skywalker Roofing to anyone who is serious about keeping their home's exterior in top condition physically and well as visually!If you want top quality repair for your home, go with Skywalker Roofing! If you just want your home repaired then just choose anybody. I highly recommend Skywalker Roofing for exterior repair and upgrades to your home! View More
- Skywalker Roofing company is awesome! When most of the roofers in Greensboro were busy, Skywalker Roofing team answered and handled all my requirements, and next day Wyatt Brown came to my house and took an in-depth inspection of my damaged roof. The same day they fixed my roof corner and the hole near a gutter. I am very thankful to Skywalker team.
- Skywalker Roofing staff did an excellent job for our flat roof replacement. We have reached out to multiple roofers, but Skywalker roofing was the only one that seemed reasonable. The team was easy to work with and patiently answered all our queries about the company, the material they used, the time they fix. Highly recommended whenever you're looking for the best roofing services.
- Skywalker roofing was very professional from the first time I talked with them until completion of the job. I was given an estimate within one hour of the time the estimator arrived, and it did not change. The work was done accurately and professionally. I am very satisfied with their work.
- The whole process from the initial phone call, into the office, and to the financing process was flawless, seamless, and effortless. Everyone there knew what they were doing and walked us through step by step, so we knew what to expect during each step. They really made the whole process so easy.