Skywalker Roofing is one of the best-known roofing contractors in NC, and we offer thorough roof inspection services that evaluate structural support, exterior/interior conditions, roofing materials, and quality of workmanship. We can determine if a roof is in good condition or if it needs repairs. Our evaluation is presented to our clients as a digital video analysis, along with an in-depth discussion of any recommended repairs.
Our professional roof inspection report is based on a comprehensive inspection of these areas:
- Structural Stability and Support: A roof that does not have proper support or has areas where the support structure is weakened will be flagged by our roof inspectors.
- Interior and Exterior Surfaces and Elements: The inspector will carefully examine all the components that a roof system needs to be in good working condition.
- Materials Used in Roof Construction: Roof materials have a certain useful life before needing replacement. It is always a better idea to repair or replace a roof before a serious problem arises. Knowing the approximate lifespan of the roofing materials used will help make the decision to repair or replace the roof based on the inspection findings.
- Quality of Workmanship: Even the best roofing materials may not perform well if the installation was not performed correctly. A quality roof is an integrated system that requires all the components to be assembled and installed properly by skilled hands.
Who benefits from a formal roof inspection?
Roof inspections are requested by real estate companies for properties that are either listed for sale or pending contract. A roofing inspection may also be requested by the real estate buyer, if the seller does not provide this information. Buyers should check for any roof problems before making a purchase. Some real estate property owners conduct an annual roof inspection as part of their property maintenance. Consistent roof maintenance extends the useful life of any roof!
Skywalker Roofing has over 100 years of combined experience
Roof inspections, which are obtainable from Skywalker Roofing for a small fee, differ from getting a free estimate for roof repairs (that we also provide) in that they are more detailed. In addition to the roof itself, the entire building is evaluated inside and out. The inspection report also may become one of the the required steps to complete a real estate transaction.
Helpful Hint: For any immediate troubles, such as leaks, get a free roof repair estimate from Skywalker Roofing as soon as possible. The repairs should be made right away to avoid further damage to the building’s structure and/or its contents.
What does a roof inspection include?
The inspector will come to the property and first take a look at the overall appearance of the roof by checking the exterior and then inspecting the interior for evidence of leaks or roof damage. Throughout the inspection, the inspector takes digital video to create the report. After the inspection, the inspector prepares an estimate of the repair costs.
On the roof, the inspector looks to see if there is any surface degradation and/or any obvious damage to the roof. The inspector checks the condition of any chimneys, drains, fascia, gutters, skylights, and vents. The inspector also takes a look at any areas where water may collect, such as valleys in the roof where different sections connect.
Inside the building or home, the inspector looks for evidence of ceiling cracks, water stains from previous leaks, and active leaks that have made the walls or ceiling damp in places. While you’re thinking about it, go ahead and give us a call at ☎ 336-627-5596 to schedule your roof inspection now, so you don’t forget to do it!
If the roof is shingled, the inspector notes any warped, curled, broken, or missing shingles. For tiled roofs, the inspector looks for broken or missing tiles. For asphalt roofs or other roof coverings, the inspector looks for places where the asphalt was not installed properly, is worn down, or has deteriorated. All of these items may be a source of leaks now or sometime in the future.
Exterior roof area checklist
When examining the exterior roofing, if the roof inspector notices something out of the ordinary, it may warrant further in-depth inspection, even in ways that are not listed here. An example of this is removing a part of a roof covering to look at the condition of what is underneath. Our roofing inspectors have many years of experience in seeing potential problems that might later require significant repairs. These issues are better dealt with in a proactive manner before a bigger problem occurs.
Here is a checklist of some of the items that are examined and identified as part of a comprehensive exterior roofing inspection:
- Shingles with severe blisters or those that are warped, curled, broken, or split
- Shingles that are loose or missing on the roof and at the hip or ridge lines
- Shingles with broken seals at connection points
- Shingles with excessive loss of granules
- Eaves and gutters that do not provide proper overhangs for shingles
- Nails that are exposed or loose
- Nails that have popped up from being improperly seated during installation
- Flashing that is missing
- Flashing that shows signs of needing more caulk to be sealed properly
- Metal flashing that shows excessive corrosion or is rusted out
- Cracks in chimneys
- Rubber boots around vent pipes that are cracked or worn
- Vent pipes that easily move when touched (this may indicate dry rot below the roof surface)
- Downspouts and gutters that are damaged
- Damaged or rotted fascia board
- Siding that extends above the roofline level
Interior roof area checklist
When examining the interior of a home or a building, it is important to look for present troubles as well as evidence of past damage. The reason for this is that roof leaks have a tendency to grow more serious after they begin. For example, a small roof leak which went unnoticed during last year’s rainy season, may turn into a much more serious leak this year. To the well-trained eye of our roof inspectors, a tiny leak that leaves just a little bit of evidence in the interior is something that draws their attention.
Here is a checklist of some of the items that are examined, measured, and identified as part of a comprehensive interior roofing inspection:
- Roof sheathing is checked for cracks
- Measurements and calculations are made to determine if attic ventilation is sufficient
- Intake air vents in the attic are checked for adequate ventilation
- Decking between rafters is checked for sagging
- Attic is checked for any external light that comes through the roofing
- Exhaust fans in the bathroom and kitchen are checked for adequate ventilation
- Chimneys, vents, and other things going through the roof are checked for leaks
Importance of an inspection
Smart homeowners know the value of properties in tip-top condition. To keep it in good shape, they follow a simple advice: know the house inside out, particularly the roof.
You never know what’s happening under those shingles. Neglecting regular inspections might result in a serious leak or worse. In the long run, this neglect could compromise your home or your quality of life.
Regular roof inspections offer peace of mind, and may also provide improved insurance premiums or vital building code compliances.
Other reasons to have an inspection include:
Storm damage evaluation
Insurance mandated inspection
Buying or selling your property
Skywalker Roofing Reviews
- Our story with Skywalker began when I surfed the web for a roofing company that included metal roofing in its services. Skywalker was the second company I reviewed and after reading everything on their website I just got a really good feeling that they were the people we wanted to come into our home and give us a quote for the job. The salesperson (Wyatt Brown) arrived on time, a smile on his face, a good firm handshake and revved up to give us his presentation. He was an impressive guy with a great personality and very down to earth. He physically climbed on our roof and took a video of what was going on up there and showed it to us. We were astonished at how 24 years of NC weather had managed to really play havoc on our roof. He continued with his presentation, we picked our color and signed the contract. We knew we had the right company who had the right people to service our needs. Well, the installation day arrived on one of the hottest days in NC history and the crew arrived with all their equipment and started ripping off old shingles. The crew supervisor (Quinton) was very customer oriented as he would come to the door and let us know exactly what they were doing in case we had questions. They were all hard workers, neat, tidy, focused and two and a half days later we had a gorgeous Mansard Brown Standing Seam Metal Roof on our house. It is beautiful and has really enhanced the look of our country cottage home so much. The crew did a cleanup before they left and that included checking for any nails that might have landed in the yard. They blew off the debris on the front porch and deck and they were spotless. We were so satisfied with Skywalker because from the beginning to the end we were treated as friends of the family. By the way, Skywalker is a family run business and that says a lot.
- Skywalker Roofing staff did an excellent job for our flat roof replacement. We have reached out to multiple roofers, but Skywalker roofing was the only one that seemed reasonable. The team was easy to work with and patiently answered all our queries about the company, the material they used, the time they fix. Highly recommended whenever you're looking for the best roofing services.
- Skywalker Roofing company is awesome! When most of the roofers in Greensboro were busy, Skywalker Roofing team answered and handled all my requirements, and next day Wyatt Brown came to my house and took an in-depth inspection of my damaged roof. The same day they fixed my roof corner and the hole near a gutter. I am very thankful to Skywalker team.
- Skywalker Roofing is one of the rare companies that communicate as much as a customer would like. I was updated daily from my initial request for an estimate all the way through the day after my project was complete. I am extremely happy with our new roof, and the crew that came out was fantastic. I would recommend Skywalker Roofing to anyone who is looking for roofers in Greensboro area.
- "The whole process from the initial phone call, into the office, and to the financing process was flawless, seamless, and effortless. Everyone there knew what they were doing and walked us through step by step, so we knew what to expect during each step. They really made the whole process so easy."
Why Should You Contact Skywalker Roofing
For Roof Inspection Services?
Our customers are very satisfied with our roof inspection services. We are one of the largest roof inspection contractors in North Carolina, with an excellent reputation since our founding in 2003. Our rating is A+ by the Better Business Bureau for roof installation services.
We have been blessed to earn many awards for excellence as a roof replacement company, including:
Angie's List Super Service Award20132014201520162017
Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor Warranties National Award Winner2014201520162017
2016 Go Triad's
Reader's Choice Awardbest roofing company
2017 Battle for
Guilford's Best Winnerbest roofing company
Best of The Best National Award Winner20162017
- Roofing Contractors in Greensboro: 301 South Elm Street, Ste 523, Greensboro, NC 27401, USACall us at +1 (336) 850-0027
- Roofing Contractors in Raleigh: 555 Fayetteville St, Suite 201, Raleigh, NC 27601, USACall us at +1 (919) 800-0496
- Roofing Contractors in Stokesdale: 257 Ram Loop Stokesdale, NC 27357, USACall us at +1 (336) 627-5596
- Roofing Contractors in Roanoke: 1518 Carlisle Ave SE, Roanoke, VA 24014, USACall us at +1 (540) 212-7255