When the Storms of Life Blow In
If you live in the Southeast, then you know that a severe storm can blow up and blow through with little warning, no matter what time of year it is. After a serious storm passes, it’s always a good idea to check the condition of your roof. If a tree or some heavy debris happens to fall on your roof, then you really can’t wait on emergency roof repair. And even if the roof damage appears to be less significant, sometimes having a timely roof repair completed can make all the difference in preventing a minor roof issue from turning into a major problem.
Wish you knew a trusted local roofing contractor that actually specializes in providing needed roof repairs – including emergency roof repair service – in NC and VA? Well, now you do: Skywalker Roofing! Sure, we provide complete roof replacements and new installations, but we’re also happy to help customers in search of a quality roof repair.
Excellent Roof Repair Services for Home Owners and Businesses
Residential Roof Repair
Get your residential roof repaired with the expertise and skills of Skywalker Roofing’s certified roofers and give your loved ones relaxed life under a safe and sound structure!
Commercial Roof Repair
Your commercial building is a great investment! Don't risk its value in the hand of a novice. Instead, choose a licensed roofing company like Skywalker Roofing to get your commercial roof repaired.
Our Service Areas
- Bassett, VA
- Belews Creek
- Browns Summit
- Danville, VA
- Ferrum, VA
- Haw River
- High Point
- Martinsville, VA
- Oak Ridge
- Pilot Mountain
- Pine Hall
- Pkleasant Garden
- Rural Hall
- Stuart, VA
- Walnut Cove
- Winston Salem
Typical Storm Damage Issues for Roofs in NC and VA
Got storms? Then you could very likely have some storm damage, too. Here are many of the usual suspects when it comes to roof-related storm damage in North Carolina and Virginia:
• Hail damage
Hail-forming cumulonimbus clouds are common across the Southeast in spring, summer, and fall, and can even develop during the winter months under the right conditions. If you see dark spots on your shingle roof, that’s usually indicative of areas where the hail has knocked away the shingle granules. This can easily lead to leaks or cracks. And hail doesn’t only damage roofs; it can damage your exterior siding as well.
• Wind damage
Strong winds from strong storms can bring all kinds of damage to your home, and that includes your roof as well. Winds can lift the shingles on your roof, dislodge them, cause cracks, and even remove shingles entirely. If your roof has suffered wind damage, you’ll likely need some prompt repair services.
• Impact damage
Once the winds get up, things to fall down – like trees and debris on top of your roof. Damage from a fallen tree is pretty hard to miss, and large tree limbs and other debris can do a number on your roof. If you’ve been the unfortunate recipient of some storm impact damage like this, give Skywalker Roofing a call!
• Water damage
One of the most frequent causes of storm damage is water. With a summer popup storm like the kind we get around here, a LOT of water can fall in a short amount of time. Heavy precipitation can have negative impacts on roofs, ceilings, walls, floors, and even basements and foundations. And where your roof is concerned, one of the culprits could be a clogged gutter. When water fills up in your gutters, that can magnify the impacts of heavy storms and inflict more damage in a hurry.
• Lightning damage
And don’t forget about the lightnin’ either. Thunderstorms can generate quite a bit of electricity, and lightning can strike pretty much any elevated surface – including your roof. If you happen to have a metal roof in place, you’ll actually be better protected – metal roofing does a better job of dissipating and grounding the effects of a direct strike than other roofing materials. But lightning can do damage to pretty much any type of roof, if the conditions are right.
The Difference a Timely Roof Repair Can Make
If you’ve experienced some storm damage, then there are many benefits that come from partnering with a capable local roofing service or local roof repair contractor. And timely roof repair does much more than simply restoring the condition of your roof.
• Mold Prevention
Mold is one of those silent threats that can do all kinds of harm, even without necessarily being seen. Whenever moisture penetrates into the attic and walls, mold can become a real health threat. And once mold takes hold, it can be very difficult – and expensive – to eradicate. If you notice any visible evidence of mold on the surface, chances are good that there’s much more mold that’s taken root below the surface. Roof restoration can help prevent the incidence and ongoing growth of mold.
• Avoid expensive repairs due to neglect
Storm-induced roof damage can cause water to seep into other parts of your home, if your roof damage is left unattended. This neglect can lead to problems with your home’s walls, infrastructure, and even with your home’s foundation. If you see that roof damage has occurred, it’s best to get that taken care of before the next storm hits and results in even further, more costly damage to your home.
• Prevent unnecessary accidents
Another negative impact of roof storm damage is the fact that water can seep into your electrical wiring areas. This can lead to faulty circuits, power outages, and even bodily harm for an unsuspecting home occupant. Better to be safe than sorry; go ahead and get those necessary roof repairs scheduled right now!
• Improve your home exterior aesthetics
If your roof looks damaged, then that will have a decidedly negative impact on the exterior aesthetics of your home. Besides any minimized roof performance issues that come as a result of damage, there’s also the curbside factor of how a roof serves to complete the look of your house. A well-maintained roof does more than provide reliable protection for your home; it also helps to boost your home’s resale value when and if you plan to put it on the market.
Skywalker Roofing’s Emergency Roof Repair Process
Not all roofing contractors handle roof inspection and emergency roof repair the same way. Here are the five key steps we follow in our emergency roof repair process at Skywalker Roofing:
1. Emergency Roof Triage
If you reach out to Skywalker needing emergency roof service after a storm has blown through, our team will make every effort to respond to you within 24 hours. Our first priority will be to tarp any areas that are exposed, in order to prevent any further moisture infiltration or related damage. Just note that we can’t take any action on your roof until any fallen tree or large limbs have been removed first.
Once initial triage of your roof has been completed, we’ll then be able to conduct a thorough inspection to uncover obvious problems as well as any hidden issues. Our professional assessment will clearly delineate what steps need to be taken in order to provide proper roof repairs. At Skywalker Roofing, we document everything with digital video, so we can then show the homeowner exactly what was discovered during the inspection, what repairs are needed, and why. We’ll provide as accurate of a cost estimate as possible for your repair project. And if your roof damage is significant, we’ll also provide a quote for full roof replacement. But all that being said, we never pressure you into making a quick decision. At Skywalker, we only recommend a full roof replacement if that’s truly the best solution where the present condition of your roof is concerned.
Once you decide to partner with Skywalker and you’ve signed the roof repair contract, we can then begin the roof preparation process. Any damaged roofing materials will be removed first, and then the areas in need of repairs will be cleaned and made ready for the replacement materials to be installed.
Your roof repairs will be completed on-time, and in accordance with the specified repair project budget. We also make every effort to keep any necessary disruption to your property at an absolute minimum.
5. Guaranteed Protection
You’ll have the peace of mind of knowing that your roof isn’t just repaired; it’s guaranteed! We guarantee our roof repair work for 2 years, with a scheduled inspection every 6 months during that warranty period.
Why Choose Skywalker Roofing for Emergency Roof Repair Services?
We’re expert craftsmen and craftswomen who operate with integrity, and we believe in earning your trust. Our professionalism and top industry practices prove the value of the work we do for you. No job is too big or too small for us, and we maintain the same high level of standards regardless of the scope of your project. And when emergency roof repair is called for, our crews are trained, equipped, and ready to respond.
Skywalker Roofing is a Platinum Preferred Contractor for Owens Corning, and we’ve also been awarded several Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor Warranties National Awards. We do way more than just shingle roofs, too. Skywalker works with all popular roofing materials, including the custom onsite fabrication and installation of both standing seam metal roofs and complete gutter systems.
Our 2-year warranty is good for any roof repairs we provide, and we also offer payment options and financing solutions for new roof installations and roof replacements. In addition, our satisfied customers consistently leave us 5-star reviews on Google, Facebook, BBB, and Guild Quality.
Give us a call today at +1 (336) 627-5596, and experience the Skywalker difference for yourself!
Skywalker Roofing Reviews
- I would recommend Skywalker Roofing to anyone who is serious about keeping their home's exterior in top condition physically and well as visually!If you want top quality repair for your home, go with Skywalker Roofing! If you just want your home repaired then just choose anybody. I highly recommend Skywalker Roofing for exterior repair and upgrades to your home! View More
- Skywalker roofing was very professional from the first time I talked with them until completion of the job. I was given an estimate within one hour of the time the estimator arrived, and it did not change. The work was done accurately and professionally. I am very satisfied with their work.
- The whole process from the initial phone call, into the office, and to the financing process was flawless, seamless, and effortless. Everyone there knew what they were doing and walked us through step by step, so we knew what to expect during each step. They really made the whole process so easy.
- Skywalker Roofing company is awesome! When most of the roofers in Greensboro were busy, Skywalker Roofing team answered and handled all my requirements, and next day Wyatt Brown came to my house and took an in-depth inspection of my damaged roof. The same day they fixed my roof corner and the hole near a gutter. I am very thankful to Skywalker team.
- Skywalker Roofing staff did an excellent job for our flat roof replacement. We have reached out to multiple roofers, but Skywalker roofing was the only one that seemed reasonable. The team was easy to work with and patiently answered all our queries about the company, the material they used, the time they fix. Highly recommended whenever you're looking for the best roofing services.
Awards and Achievements
Angie's List Super Service Award20132014201520162017
Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor Warranties National Award Winner2014201520162017
2016 Go Triad's
Reader's Choice Awardbest roofing company
2017 Battle for
Guilford's Best Winnerbest roofing company
Best of The Best National Award Winner20162017
Rockingham County Readers Choice award20202021
- Roofing Contractors in Greensboro: 301 South Elm Street, Ste 523, Greensboro, NC 27401, USACall us at +1 (336) 717-0234
- Roofing Contractors in winston-salem: 301 N. Main St. Suite 2446 Winston-Salem NC 27101, USACall us at +1 (336) 717-0947
- Roofing Contractors in Roanoke: 308 2nd St SW, Suite B, Roanoke, VA 24011 USACall us at +1 (540) 418-3545
- Roofing Contractors in Danville: 1218 W. Main Street Suite 100, Danville VA 24541, USACall us at (540) 202-1524
- Roofing Contractors in Raleigh: 555 Fayetteville St, Suite 201, Raleigh, NC 27601, USACall us at +1 (336) 815-4516
- Roofing Contractors in Stokesdale: 257 Ram Loop Stokesdale, NC 27357, USACall us at +1 (336) 815-4155