Metal Roofing Raleigh, NCSkywalker Roofing, One of the Area’s Highest-Rated Roofers
Skywalker Roofing Company is proud to install metal roofing for both residential and commercial customers in Raleigh. Metal roofs are becoming more and more popular among local homes and businesses in our area for a number of reasons, including:
- More effective at shedding rain and snow
The makeup and texture of metal roofs is such that rain and snow can be directed off your roof much more efficiently than with other roofing materials. And a well-installed metal roof really doesn’t allow rain or snow a chance to penetrate, so the chances of leaks are greatly minimized as well.
- Safety from wind, lightning, and fire
For starters, metal roofs are more wind-resistant than many roofing materials. Some metal roofs are even demonstrated to sustain hurricane-force wind gusts up to 140mph. No material is completely lightning-proof, but metal’s conductive characteristics can actually help to dissipate the effects of a lightning strike. Metal won’t ignite either, so it provides better protection from fire as well.
- Maximum durability and resistance to mold, mildew, and moss
The durability of metal is one of its more well-known traits. Metal roofs won’t crack, but rather will expand and contract in response to temperature extremes. A properly-treated metal roof won’t corrode either, and metal is an unfavorable surface for mold, mildew, or moss to be able to take hold.
- Metal can be used on roofs of almost any pitch
Some roofing materials are limited to use only on roofs of a certain pitch, but metal works equally well on roofs with a steep pitch or with very little pitch. In terms of roof pitch limitations, no other roofing material is as adaptable as metal.
Metal roofing is more lightweight than many other roofing material options, meaning it puts less stress on your roof, as well as less stress on the infrastructure and foundation of your home, business, or whatever structure you’re covering.
- Eco-friendly, energy-efficient, and recyclable
Metal roofs are a more sustainable alternative than materials like traditional asphalt shingles. Metal isn’t a petroleum-based product, and metal roofs are also much longer-lasting than shingles. New metal roofs contain at least a percentage of recycled materials and are 100% recyclable themselves. Metal roofs are also ideal bases for attaching solar panels or rainwater harvesting systems. And thanks to metal’s light-reflecting capabilities, a metal roof can help reduce your air conditioning energy costs, as well.
- Unique look and sound
One more feature to consider is the look and sound of a metal roof. Metal roofs have a distinctive look all their own, which can add to your home’s curb appeal. Some metal roofs can even be customized to mimic the appearance of other roofing materials like wood shakes or tiles, if you prefer. And then, there’s the sound quality. Many folks find the pitter-patter of rain on a metal roof to be soothing to the ears.
Metal Roofing Colors Raleigh, NC
In the early days of metal roofs, you really didn’t have a lot in the way of color choices – basically, your roof would be the natural color of whatever metal was used to fabricate it. The good news is that today you have more metal roofing color options available than ever before in Raleigh, thanks to advances in metal paint and coloring technologies. The question now isn’t what color you can choose for your metal roof; the question is what color CAN’T you choose! There is a wide palette of colors from which you can now select. Just remember that a metal roof can last you a lifetime if properly maintained, so you want to pick a color that you’ll be pleased with for years to come! It’s also best to choose a color that will complement the other colors of your home or business structure, and many customers also like to have their metal roof blend in well with any other surrounding structures. It’s also a good idea to look at color samples in different kinds of light, so you’ll know how it looks on a sunny day versus a cloudy day. Also be aware that the lightness or darkness of the color you choose may have some impact on your roof’s ability to reflect light and heat.
Metal Roofing Cost Raleigh, NCProtecting Your Loved Ones and Possessions Is Worth It
We know that cost matters to you, whether you’re considering metal roofing cost or the cost of other roofing materials available in Raleigh. Let’s face it, price is one of the first things people tend to consider when they’re considering buying anything! At Skywalker, we like to be truthful and transparent with our customers. We’d be lying if we told you that metal roofing materials and labor are the cheapest available roofing option. But while metal roofing may carry a higher price tag than some other roofing materials on the front end, you should also weigh that against the fact that a metal roof can outlast MULTIPLE shingle roofs. A well-made, well-installed metal roof can really last you for a lifetime! You just have to decide whether it’s worth it to you to invest a little more in a quality metal roof that you only have to install once, versus choosing a cheaper roofing material (like shingles) that you may have to replace more than once over the life of your home or business structure.
Do you have more specific questions about metal roofing cost in Raleigh? We’d be happy to set up a time to answer your questions and help you consider all your options. Just reach out to us at Skywalker Roofing, we’re here to help!
Why You Should Choose Skywalker For All Your Metal Roofing Needs
When considering a metal roof, choosing the right material and product for the job is incredibly important when planning for your new roof or roof replacement. The pros at Skywalker Roofing would be glad to help you explore all the features of metal roofing, and we can help you explore other roofing material options as well.
While it’s important to choose the right roofing material, it’s perhaps even MORE important that you select the right local roofing contractor that can give you the best quality of installation workmanship! At Skywalker Roofing, we’re committed to bringing a “personal touch” to every project we complete. We believe in treating each and every customer as if they were our ONLY customer. You won’t find any better roofing customer service anywhere! If you’re looking for a top-quality, manufacturer-authorized, local roofing contractor for your home or commercial roof installation or replacement, Skywalker Roofing is a name you can trust in Raleigh!
Skywalker Roofing Reviews
- Our story with Skywalker began when I surfed the web for a roofing company that included metal roofing in its services. Skywalker was the second company I reviewed and after reading everything on their website I just got a really good feeling that they were the people we wanted to come into our home and give us a quote for the job. The salesperson (Wyatt Brown) arrived on time, a smile on his face, a good firm handshake and revved up to give us his presentation. He was an impressive guy with a great personality and very down to earth. He physically climbed on our roof and took a video of what was going on up there and showed it to us. We were astonished at how 24 years of NC weather had managed to really play havoc on our roof. He continued with his presentation, we picked our color and signed the contract. We knew we had the right company who had the right people to service our needs. Well, the installation day arrived on one of the hottest days in NC history and the crew arrived with all their equipment and started ripping off old shingles. The crew supervisor (Quinton) was very customer oriented as he would come to the door and let us know exactly what they were doing in case we had questions. They were all hard workers, neat, tidy, focused and two and a half days later we had a gorgeous Mansard Brown Standing Seam Metal Roof on our house. It is beautiful and has really enhanced the look of our country cottage home so much. The crew did a cleanup before they left and that included checking for any nails that might have landed in the yard. They blew off the debris on the front porch and deck and they were spotless. We were so satisfied with Skywalker because from the beginning to the end we were treated as friends of the family. By the way, Skywalker is a family run business and that says a lot.
- Skywalker Roofing staff did an excellent job for our flat roof replacement. We have reached out to multiple roofers, but Skywalker roofing was the only one that seemed reasonable. The team was easy to work with and patiently answered all our queries about the company, the material they used, the time they fix. Highly recommended whenever you're looking for the best roofing services.
- Skywalker Roofing company is awesome! When most of the roofers in Greensboro were busy, Skywalker Roofing team answered and handled all my requirements, and next day Wyatt Brown came to my house and took an in-depth inspection of my damaged roof. The same day they fixed my roof corner and the hole near a gutter. I am very thankful to Skywalker team.
- Skywalker Roofing is one of the rare companies that communicate as much as a customer would like. I was updated daily from my initial request for an estimate all the way through the day after my project was complete. I am extremely happy with our new roof, and the crew that came out was fantastic. I would recommend Skywalker Roofing to anyone who is looking for roofers in Greensboro area.
- "The whole process from the initial phone call, into the office, and to the financing process was flawless, seamless, and effortless. Everyone there knew what they were doing and walked us through step by step, so we knew what to expect during each step. They really made the whole process so easy."