Home Roof Replacement
Depending on the type of roof, if it is installed properly and the materials used are high quality, it should last from 20 up to 50 years or more. For example, metal roofs usually last longer than asphalt shingles. We guarantee some of our new roofs for 50 years and others for a lifetime. A roof may need replacement, prior to the expected end of its useful life, because of improper or poor installation, the use of low quality materials, or damage.
If you are unsure if your roof needs replacement or if it is repairable, call Skywalker Roofing for a free roof inspection. After you get an expert opinion from Skywalker Roofing you will have peace of mind knowing what condition your roof is in. Then, you can make the necessary plans to deal with any problems. Why not go ahead a make an appointment today? Call +1 (336) 338-8620.
Why do you need a roof replacement?
The most common reasons for roof replacement are damage from winter weather and/or storms. Another great reason for a roof replacement is to make a home more attractive. A brand new roof with a contemporary style creates a beautiful aesthetic for a home. This can be done for the pride of ownership or to make a home ready for sale and to help achieve a higher resale value.
Why Skywalker Roofing for Roof Replacement
We use quality materials and our highly-qualified technicians install your new roof properly. Our quality workmanship in roof installations and our long-standing relationships with the materials manufacturers, allows us to offer some of the best warranties that are available in the roofing industry.
For example, our status as a Platinum Preferred Contractor with Owens Corning qualifies us to offer a lifetime workmanship and 50-year warranty on labor and materials for a new roof installation using materials from Owens Corning. 1 or 2 years workmanship warranty is common in the industry.
Type of Roofing by Skywalker Roofing
Skywalker Roofing works with a variety of roofing materials which include:
- Asphalt Shingles: We are a certified Platinum Preferred Contractor with Owens Corning and a Select Shingles Master with CertainTeed.
- Metal: 24-gauge, 26-gauge, 29-gauge, Standing Seam, Copper, Galvalume, and Aluminum.
- Flat Roofs: Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO), Ethylene Propylene Diene Terpolymer (EPDM), and Polyvinylchloride (PVC).
- Tile: Individual Spanish clay tiles and tile sheets.
- Wood Shakes: Wood shingles made from split logs.
- Slate: Shingles made from thin slices of slate stone.
The asphalt shingles we work with have a very extensive warranty period. Metal roofing is a good insulator in winter to help keep a home warmer and is considered by many to be very attractive.
Flat roofs are commonly used for commercial buildings. Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) is a popular choice because it is a single-ply of a thick plastic membrane that has a reflective white color on one side. The white color is left exposed. It reflects sunlight and reduces the energy needs to cool the interior of the building during hot, sunny days.
Another choice for a flat, mildy-sloping roof is Ethylene Propylene Diene Terpolymer) EPDM. EPDM is a very strong synthetic rubber that is quite durable. EPDM roofs are a solid membrane made of this material. This type of synthetic rubber is not affected by UV rays from the sun. It withstands heavy rain, high winds, and even hail that is up to three inches in diameter. Many of these roofs last 50 years or even longer.
Polyvinylchloride (PVC) roofing is a single-ply roofing material that has been used extensively since the 1950s, when it was first invented. PVC material is very durable and resistant to deterioration caused by UV exposure.
PVC and TPO roofs are very similar. Both of these materials will reduce the energy bills for cooling the interior of a building. TPO roofs are quick and easy to install. They resist mold and rarely crack. PVC roofs have very low maintenance requirements.
Custom roofing is available using tile, wood shakes, or slate for luxurious results.
Consult with the experts at Skywalker Roofing to discuss your needs for residential or commercial roofing to get help deciding about the roofing materials that are the appropriate choice.
Roof Replacement Process
Professional roof replacement by Skywalker Roofing is an organized process, which is achieved by taking the following steps:
- Roof Inspection: The roof is inspected to take a note of any special needs and requirements for the new roof installation. The roof inspection checks the current condition of all roofing elements, the appearance of the roof, any interior or exterior damage, evidence of water leakage, and the quality of the roofing materials used.
- Property Protection: Protection for the property and anyone using it is put in place to catch any falling debris that may occur during the roof replacement process. This prevents any harm and makes cleanup easier when the job is finished.
- Removal of Old Roofing Material: All the old roofing material is removed.
- Sub-Roofing Inspection and Repairs: After all the old roofing materials are removed, the sub-roofing is inspected for damage. Any necessary repairs are made.
- New Roof Material Installation: Once the sub-roofing has been brought back to perfect condition; the new roofing materials are installed.
- Site Cleaning: The site is thoroughly cleaned up. All excess materials and debris are removed.
- Final Inspection: A final inspection is made accompanied by the property owner to make sure there is 100% customer satisfaction with the job and with the finished roof.
Skywalker Roofing is so confident in what we do and how we do it that we do not ask for a single penny until we are completely finished with your project and you are 100% satisfied. How many roofing companies can say that? Contact Skywalker Roofing for a Free Estimate.
Benefits of a New Roof Installation Using Owens Corning Shingles
Even though we work with many kinds of roofing materials, we are partial to using Owen Corning shingles. Owens Corning shingles come in a nice variety of attractive colors. Besides being strong and durable; they are also energy efficient.
Our status as a Platinum Preferred Contractor with Owens Corning allows us to offer a 50-year warranty. This means your investment in a roof today can be handed down to the next generation of your family, if you still own the home and want to will it to your kids.
If you need to sell your home, when a potential buyer sees that the roof is made of Owens Corning materials they will be impressed due to the high quality and durability of the roof.
Why should you contact Skywalker Roofing for roof replacement services?
Our customers are very satisfied with our roof replacement services. We are one of the largest roof replacement contractors in North Carolina with an excellent reputation serving North Carolinians for over 14 years. Our rating is A+ by the Better Business Bureau for roof installation services.
We won many awards for excellence as a roof replacement company including:
- Angie's List Super Service Award - 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
- Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor Warranties National Award Winner - 2014, 2016, and 2017.
- 2016 Go Triad's Reader's Choice Award - Best Roofing Company.
- 2017 Battle for Guilford's Best Winner - Best Roofing Company.
- Best of The Best - National Award Winner – 2016 and 2017.
Contact Skywalker roofing for a free estimate using our web form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at +1 (336) 338-8620. You can even contact us at below our other locations
- Roofing Contractor in Greensboro: 301 South Elm Street, Ste 523, Greensboro, NC 27401 Call us at +1 (336) 850-0027
- Roofing Contractor in Stokesdale: 257 Ram Loop Stokesdale, NC 27357 Call us at +1 (336) 338-8620
- Roofing Contractor in Raleigh: 555 Fayetteville St, Suite 201, Raleigh, NC 27601 Call us at +1 (919) 800-0496